Bethel Community members who wish to use a different email address may select an email alias for their account. The available addresses contain parts of your name.
Note: this does not change your Bethel username. You will still receive any emails sent to your (username)@bethel.edu email address.
Reserving/Activating an Email Alias
- Log into IAM at https://iam.bethel.edu using FireFox or Internet Explorer
- Under Information Management, click Manage Email Aliases
- Verify that the Select action: drop-down displays Reserve.
- Under Address to reserve: select an email alias and click Submit.
Note: If you already have an active email alias you will need to deactivate your old alias before activating a new one.
Note: The deactivated alias will still exist and work for 2 months
- After the web page reloads, click Manage Email Aliases again.
- Under Select action: click Activate and select the alias you just reserved.
- Click Submit to activate your new email alias.
Deactivating an Email Alias
- Verify that the Select action: drop-down displays Deactivate.
- Under Address to remove: select your email alias and click Submit.
- The selected email alias is now deactivated.