Sometimes it is necessary to clear the cache for the Java Runtime Environment to resolve issues that may be happening as a result of bad or corrupted Java cache. The following steps will guide someone through the process of clearing the cache from Java.
- Click on the Finder Icon in the Doc.
- Click on Applications and open the Utilities folder.
- Double-click on Java Preferences.
- Click on the Network tab and click the Delete Files button.
- Make sure both boxes are checked and then click OK.
- You may then close the remaining windows.