Sometimes it is necessary to clear the cache for the Java Runtime Environment to resolve issues that may be happening as a result of bad or corrupted Java cache. The following steps will guide someone through the process of clearing the cache from Java.
- Click Start and select the Control Panel.
- Click the Java icon. The Java Control Panel will appear.
- Click the Settings button under Temporary Internet Files.
- Click Delete Files. A dialog box will appear.
- Make sure Both boxes are checked and click OK. This will delete all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the Cache.
- Click OK to close the remaining windows.