VPN (Virtual Private Network) is used when accessing information from off campus. For resources that require on-campus network connection – such as Argos and Banner – VPN will make your computer act as though it is on the Bethel network, protecting information you are accessing from the outside. This article gives instructions on installing VPN on Windows 7 using Firefox. For instructions on using VPN on Windows 7, refer to Using VPN
Note: You must use Firefox or IE for the following steps
- Follow the instructions for Requesting a Group, and request the group "VPN Users"
- If you are ON campus, navigate to https://vpn-setup.bethel.edu/
- If you are OFF campus, navigate to https://vpn.bethel.edu
- Log in using your Username and Password.
- Click Continue to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Select AnyConnect from the bar at the left hand side of the screen.
- Click Start AnyConnect.
- The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Secure Mobility Client will go through a series of tests. Ignore the directions the program shows on screen. A Warning bar will sometimes appear in Internet Explorer at the bottom of your screen, as shown below. Click Install.
- Another Warning window will appear. Click Run.
- A digital signature error warning window will appear. Click Run.
- You will now need to login to install the program.
The VPN installation process will begin.
Only faculty and staff members have access to Virtual Private Network resources at Bethel. Please note that if you are installing VPN on Bethel campus, you will not successfully connect to VPN until your computer is off the Bethel network.
Additional VPN Information
For assistance in using VPN, please reference here