Challenge Responses are used when you forget the password to your account. When you first logged in to IAM, you were asked to create answers for several challenge questions. Whenever you are logging into something on Bethel's website and you click the Forgot Password? link you will be asked to answer several of these challenge questions in order to access your account.
To change your Challenge Responses, follow the instructions below:
- Login to IAM at https://iam.bethel.edu.
- In the left panel, click on Manage Challenge Responses under the Password Management heading.
- This page will show the Admin Defined Challenge Questions you answered when you first set up your account on IAM. The option to create User Defined Challenge Questions is currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the box next to Use Stored Response?. This will open up the Response fields so that you can type your new responses.
- Because these questions are more unique than typical security questions, it is a good idea to write down these challenge question answers and keep them in a safe location as you would your SSN card.
- When you are done, click the Submit button. The new responses will be saved.