If you need to share resources outside of your normally assigned group you will need to request for access to that group. This can give you access to a shared mailbox or a department. Follow the steps below to make a group request which will then need to be approved.
Note: Google's Chrome web browser and Apple's Safari web browser are not compatible with this process and cannot be used. The Firefox web browser and Internet Explorer are fully supported.
Making a Group Request
- Go to: https://iam.bethel.edu/ and login with your Bethel username and password.
- In the left column, under Information Management, click Make a Group Request.
- Under Form Detail, click the Group: drop-down and select the group you would like to request access to. Shared mailboxes are indicated by the word ‘Mailbox’ next to the title. Departments are indicated by the word ‘employees’. Groups that are not shared mailboxes or departments will not have indicators.
Note: If responding to a group expiration email, your selection in the drop-down list must exactly match the group listed in the email. If the name of the group listed in the email is not listed the IAM group list contact the ITS Help Desk.
- Add a comment if desired and click the Submit button.
Checking a Group Request Status
After you have submitted your group request, you can check on its status, as it is processed, by following the steps below.
- In the IAM Portal select the Work Dashboard tab.
- Click on the Request Status channel to view the status of the request.