VPN, or Virtual Private Network, allows you to access data that is typically available only from on-campus, such as Argos or Banner. This article explains how to use VPN on a Mac.
- Follow the instructions for Requesting a Group, and request the group "VPN Users".
- To open the program, open the Applications folder. Click on Cisco, then select Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- VPN will open. In the Connect to box, it should say vpn.bethel.edu. If not, type it in. Then click Connect.
- Then enter your Bethel username and password and click OK.
- Click Accept in the window that appears.
- The VPN window will soon disappear, but you will still be connected. You can open the program again either through the Dock or the icon located in the main menu bar.
- To confirm your connection, look for a green check mark and Connected to vpn.bethel.edu when you open the program.
- To log out of VPN, click the Disconnect button in the main VPN window.
Only faculty and staff members have access to Virtual Private Network resources at Bethel.