10.7 or higher, 10.6 and below are not supported
The following steps indicate how to create your eduroam profile on Mac laptop to connect to the WiFi. Why do this? An increasing number of campuses are using this eduroam service which means you can stay connected with WiFi on their campus with your eduroam profile!
eduroam for OSX
1. Open a new browser (this step-by-step was done on Safari) and go to https://eduroam.bethel.edu
- Note: If you are not connected through ethernet or an alternative wireless connection, you will need to connect to Bethel-Guest to get temporary access to get to the site https://eduroam.bethel.edu. Follow this link on how to connect to Bethel-Guest as a Bethel user.
2. Click Download your eduroam installer
3. The installer package is now downloaded and the profiles window should open automatically.
Note: if the automatic installer does not work, click the Link (green arrow)
Note: If using Safari (as shown) the downloads go to the downloads folder in the toolbar. Firefox will open a popup window, make sure the Open with is set to a default and click Ok. Chrome has the downloads go to the bottom of the web page.
4. Click Continue when the Profiles window appears
5. Click Continue when asked if you want to install profile "eduroam"
6. Enter username and password
then click Install
Note: username is your Bethel username followed by (@bethel.edu). For most, this will be your bethel email. However, if you have set up an Email Alias to override the default email, this will NOT work for your eduroam profile and you will need to enter your username followed by (@bethel.edu). The password is the same for any other Bethel login.
7. Enter Username and Password for your computer in the Configuration Profile Tool window and click OK
Note: This is not your Bethel Username and Password, it is the username and password that appear when you initially startup your computer.
Note: The username may already be filled in automatically, if not it is typically your first and last name (i.e. John Doe). You can see what your username/password is by opening (System Preferences > Users & Groups), the highlighted name/admin user is what to enter for username.
8. eduroam profile is now complete and installed, close Profiles window