Purpose: to provide Bethel University faculty with an introduction to the major technology resources available to them.
Information Technology Services HelpDesk
ITS HelpDesk is the contact point for technology support at Bethel for students, faculty, & staff.
Teaching & Learning Technology
Teaching & Learning Technology is the contact point for teaching & learning technology for students and faculty.
Bethel Reference Librarians are available to help you with your library research and navigate the library databases and technologies.
Seminary LibrariesSt. Paul: 651-638-6184
San Diego: 619-325-5201
|Knowledge Base: Confluence is Bethel's online support and tutorial center - confluence.bethel.edu |
Online Training Center: Lynda offers tutorials for common technology like Moodle, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more - lynda.bethel.edu
Submit problem or help request: Footprints is Bethel's case management system - footprints.bethel.edu
You are responsible for all usage of your Bethel computing account, and you must read and abide by Bethel's Responsible Use Policy.
- Your access to the network is provided primarily for educational purposes - not social or recreational.
- Your Password is Private - DO NOT SHARE WITH ANYONE!!! If your parents, spouse, or anyone else knows your password you should change it at iam.bethel.edu.
- Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, including unauthorized peer to peer file sharing, violates Bethel's Responsible Use Policy and may subject you to Bethel, civil, and criminal penalties.
Wireless access is available in all residence halls and academic buildings via the Eduraom network.
Students living in Bethel housing can connect their computers to the Bethel network via etherenet. To read the policy and request activation of your room's port follow these instructions.
Installation instructions for Bethel's Follow-Me Printer: When you print to the Follow-Me printer, your documents are sent to the cloud. Pick print jobs at any public Bethel printer using your Bethel ID card or your Bethel username and password. Support (651-635-8613) and more information are available. Be a good steward of our planet's resources and print only the pages you need.
Bethel community members are expected to check their email frequently for Bethel related and academic communications.
Bethel is a Google Apps for Education campus, meaning that you have access to the full suite of Google apps, including: Calendar, Drive, Hangouts, YouTube, Sites, Forms and more. Access via the Google Apps icon, upper right in your Bethel email.
In order to view Google Drive videos and docs that are linked in your Moodle course site, you will need to be logged into your Bethel email account (and may need to be logged out of any other gmail accounts that you own).
Employees and full-time students are encouraged to store their files in their Google Drive account or in their private and/or department folder on our secure server.
- BU Library (70 computers)
- St. Paul Seminary Library (12 computers)
- San Diego Seminary Library (11 computers)
- Anderson Center (3 computers on 1st floor Community Commons; 1 in 2nd floor classroom suite)
- Computer Classrooms: CC325 [35 computers], AC203 [35 computers] HC260 (22 computers]
- Multimedia Computers, Scanners, Technology Checkout available in the BU Library
- Residence Hall Lab Computers and Printers, Departmental Computers, Mobile Laptop Carts, and more
The University Library checks out all kinds of technology, including: laptops, ipads, digital still and video cameras, flash cards and flash drives, digital voice recorders, cables, connectors, chargers, and much, much more
Each classroom has an instructor teaching center with a computer, display and projector with HDMI connection. High-tech Flex classrooms have additional monitors for small group work that students can connect to wirelessly.
Search for Bethel community members at directory.bethel.edu. You may use * for a wildcard character in searches.
Online sharing in today’s digital world is easy. However uploading, downloading, or swapping/sharing of copyrighted files without the copyright holder’s permission is illegal. These files may be articles, songs, movies, television shows, videos, or any other type of digital material. Those who are caught engaging in online piracy, can be charged with and possibly convicted of copyright infringement, a felony. At Bethel, students may be denied network access, must meet with the a Dean of Student Life, remove illegally shared material, and pay a $100 network re-connection fee. These Bethel consequences are in addition to any criminal or civil penalties you may incur which could include up to 5 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine.
Security: Bethel uses modern security technology to protect you and your information when using our network. As a user you can help us by following these guidelines:
- Create a strong password with at least 8 characters using both letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Set your Challenge Response questions and a recovery email address so you can reset your password
- Bethel staff will NEVER ask you for your password.
- NEVER share your password with anyone - not friends, not parents, not anyone. To share academic information with your parents or spouse, use Proxy Access
- If you write down your passwords and your responses to challenge response questions, store them securely.
- Be cautious with email links and attachments, especially from unfamiliar sources or ones that request you to do something or to provide information.
- Browse wisely when using the internet and be cautious when downloading any file or software.
Sign up to receive emergency notifications, school closures, and snow emergency info on your cell phone. For more information, see the BU-Bethel Alert information at www.bethel.edu/bethel-alert.