Refunds of institutional charges credits money to your student account (decreasing what you owe).
Full Term Courses
Students who find it necessary to drop courses or discontinue school after registration and who complete the necessary forms for that purpose will be granted refunds according to the following scale:
- Through Saturday of the first week of the term - 100%
- Through Saturday of the third week of the term - 75%
- Through Saturday of the fifth week of the term - 50%
- Through Saturday of the seventh week of the term - 25%
- After Saturday of the seventh week of the term - No refund
Interim (January) Term Courses
- Through the second business day of the term - 100%
- Through the fourth business day of the term - 75%
- Through the seventh business day of the term - 50%
- Through the ninth business day of the term - 25%
- After the ninth business day of the term - No refund
Students who register for courses, do not attend, and do not fill out the appropriate withdrawal paperwork in the registrar's office will be 25 percent of the course tuition.
Modular and Summer Terms
Check the registrar's office for specific refund schedules for SemPM modular programs, Summer term courses, and Supervised Ministry courses.
At San Diego, in accordance with California law, application, registration, and tuition fees are fully refundable up to three full days following the date of payment of those fees, provided that the student has not attended classes, participated in educational activities, or utilized any educational materials or services of the seminary, and provided that the student files a written cancellation form with the associate registrar. If a student begins classes and then withdraws, and does not cancel enrollment within three days following the payment of fees, monies will be refunded according to the following schedule:
At Seminary of the East, students dropping a course that meets on a block schedule will be granted refunds on a prorated basis with two weeks equal to one meeting on the standard refund policy.
Students dropping a course that meets through the entire academic year will be granted refunds on a prorated basis with three weeks equal to one meeting on the standard refund policy.