- Download the DMG containing the installer using this link: Bethel-Follow-Me-Printer.dmg
- Double-Click on the "Bethel-Follow-Me-Printer.dmg" file you downloaded to open it.
- Double-Click (control+click) on the "Bethel Follow-Me-Printer.pkg" file.
- Run through all the steps in the installer to complete the install.
If a Mac printing job says "Hold for Authentication", click the refresh circle on the right and re-enter your Bethel credentials. You do not need to include "@bethel.edu" after your username.
Download an installer below if your printer has a direct print queue. Then follow steps 2-4 above.
You will have to authenticate with your Bethel credentials to download the installer.
|title||Troubleshooting Steps for Mac|
- Navigate to your printers and scanners. From there click the option to ‘add printer’ (it will be a ‘+’ symbol)
- A screen similar to the one above will appear. If you do NOT see the ‘Advanced’ tab, you will need to add it by right clicking (or control+click) an open area and selecting ‘customize toolbar’ from the list. Then drag the Advanced icon from the menu that pops up to your toolbar.
- Change your Type to ‘LPD/LPR Host or Printer’ as shown in the above image.
- The URL will look similar to the above but you will need to replace a few items based on our current setup.
- lpd://[Bethel username]@220.127.116.11/Follow-me-printer-mac
- Replace [Bethel username] above with whatever you use to login to Bethel systems, minus the [@bethel.edu] portion.
- Finally, the default name will be the IP address. Rename it to something more familiar like ‘Follow Me Printer’.