The following steps indicate how to create an alias of an home or department share (folder) on BSP-NAS. This allows you to access your files without having to navigate through the Go menu and Connect to Server... each time you wish to connect to a certain share (folder) on BSP-NAS. For information on how to access files on BSP-NAS please reference the following KB article.
- Using the following KB article connect to the share (folder) you wish to create an alias to.
- Once the desired directory has been located in the Finder hold down following key combination: command + option (or alt).
- While holding the above key combination select the appropriate folder and drag it to your desktop.
- Release the mouse button and the key combination to create the alias on your desktop.
- The alias icon that is created should have a arrow next to it. If the arrow is not there they the files were moved and an alias was not created. If this is the case please repeat steps 2-4.