Information Technology Services provides secured wireless and wired 802.1x network connections in our residences and in the academic buildings. All Bethel community members and guest using our network must agree to the Responsible Use Policy (RUP). Failure to comply may result in restricted network access.
Connecting your computer to Bethel's network
These network connection guides will help you configure your computer for network/Internet access.
If you have an operating system that is not listed (such as Linux), this does not mean your computer will not work on our network. It merely means that ITS does not provide the configuration resources to do so.
Connecting your gaming console or other devices to Bethel's network
Because many devices are not 802.1x compatible they require using the Internet Connection Sharing to get online.
In the event that you do not have a computer that can run Internet Connection Sharing the ITS Help Desk has a limited number of devices that have been configured with Internet Connection Sharing for check-out during the academic year.
Hardware and operating system requirements
While ITS does not restrict 802.1x viable computers from accessing the network, we do carry a hardware and operating system requirement for support. These requirements can be found in our ResNet support policy.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact the Help Desk if you need help or clarification about this Knowledge Base article.
651-638-6500 or 1-800-255-8706, extension 6500
- Connecting to a 802.1x wired Ethernet connection in Mac OS 10.6
- Connecting to a 802.1x wired Ethernet connection in Mac OS 10.7-10.8
- Connecting to a 802.1x wired Ethernet connection in Mac OS 10.9
- Connecting to a 802.1x wired Ethernet connection in Windows 7
- Connecting to a 802.1x wired Ethernet connection in Windows 8
- Connecting to a 802.1x wired Ethernet connection in Windows Vista
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Chromebook
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Mac OS 10.6
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Mac OS 10.7-10.8
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Mac OS 10.9
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Windows 7
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Windows 8
- Connecting to Bethel-Wifi in Windows Vista
- How do I connect my gaming console to Bethel's Network?
- Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 7