The following steps indicate how to add a printer in Mac OS 10.6 - 10.8. See How do I add a printer or print at Bethel? to view instructions for other Operating Systems.
Connecting to the print spooler
Before you can install a network printer you need to connect to the print sever.
- In Finder, click the Go menu and select Connect to Server...
Pressing the keyboard shortcut Command + k also works
- Type: cifs://bssd-spooler.its.bethel.edu/ and click Connect.
If you wish, you can save the server address location by pressing the + button.
- Type your Bethel username and password. Click Remember this password in my keychain if you would like this information saved.
- Select Install Bethel Printers and then click OK.
Note: If the Printer App Test folder is grayed out or otherwise not selectable the server location is already mounted and can be accessed in the Finder or on the Desktop.
Adding a printer to your Bethel owned Mac OS computer
Once you are connected to the server you can run the Bethel Printer application to install printers.
- Double-click Install Bethel Printers.
- In the application use the search field or the printer list drop-down to find the desired printer.
Note: If searching type the printer name, then click Select. If using the drop-down find the printer in the list to select it.
- Once the desired printer has been selected click Install. If you have other printers to install repeat steps 2-3, when finished click Done.