VPN should be used when accessing information (such as Banner, Argos, and AdmitGold) from off campus. VPN will make your computer act as though it is on the Bethel network, protecting information you are accessing from the outside. This article gives instructions on installing VPN for Mac computers using Firefox. For instructions on using VPN, refer to this article.
- In Firefox, type https://off-campus.bethel.edu into the URL bar. Note: This page will not work if you are on campus and inside the university firewall.
- Login using your Bethel username and password.
- Click Continue to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client will go through a series of tests. A Warning window will pop-up. Click Trust.
- Another Warning window will appear. Click Allow.
- This will start the downloading process.
- As VPN downloads, multiple windows will appear and disappear. When the download process is complete, your screen will look like this, displaying that it is connected.
Only faculty and staff members have access to Virtual Private Network resources at Bethel.