Software Program & Capabilities
TextHelp™ accessibility software help people to read, write, and communicate with confidence. Bethel provides memberships with features for Read&Write and basic OrbitNote to all Bethel university students, staff and faculty with a Bethel email address. Add the Read&Write and OrbitNote extensions to your toolbar by clicking the links in the box below.
|Name of Software
Extension Icon on Toolbar
|Read&Write for Google Chrome Extension
|Works in Google Drive, Google Classroom, websites in Chrome browser and Moodle.
|OrbitNote (PDF Toolbar) For Google Chrome Toolbar
|Works on PDF, ePub files, Google Drive, Google Classroom, websites in Chrome browser, and Moodle.
To install the software, choose Google Chrome Extension or the desktop/iPad versions, then follow the directions for installation below.
Google Chrome Extension
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Bethel email account
- Download the Chrome extension on the Chrome Web Store
- Add extension to your toolbar (video tutorial for reference) by clicking the Chrome extensions icon (gray or purple puzzle piece) and selecting the pin next to the extension icon.
- Pin the extension to your Chrome toolbar by clicking on pin. The pin will turn blue once it is pinned.
Desktop and iPad Versions
- Go to Text Help webpage
- Select “Try Read & Write”
- Select the application that you’d like to use and follow download prompts:
TextHelp has many training resources including an overview of the Read&Write for Google Chrome Tools or click below for individual videos by feature: