What is Stored on the U Drive
Bethel University uses the Network U Drive to backup the following locations from Windows computers using Windows 10 Sync Center
Music (no longer synced as of Spring 2019) Video (no longer synced as of Spring 2019) Pictures (no longer synced as of Spring 2019)
Evaluating Current U: Drive Storage Usage
To evaluate your U drive storage, use the following steps on any Bethel issued Windows computer
- Click the Windows ribbon button in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
- Select the link for This PC
- Review the drive under Network locations that is labeled with your Bethel Username.
- If the visual bar does not provide adequate information on your usage, you can right click on the drive and select Properties.
Note: If you have just requested more space, sometimes it takes a few moments to show up on your computer.
Requesting More Space
By using these steps, you will be able to request 1GB of space on your home directory. You are able to request a 1GB increase to your fileserver quota every 24 hours.
- Log into https://iam.bethel.edu/ in Firefox.
- Click Manage Quota on the left hand side of the screen under Information Management.
- Click Request 1GB Increase.
Note: If you use your quota and would like to request more space before the 24 hours are up, you may contact the Help Desk.