Bethel University uses a notification system called Bethel Alert to enable the university to communicate with students and employees quickly in the event of an emergency. Students must register for this free service at the Bethel Alert website.
- A Bethel Alert will be sent only to inform you of an imminent emergency, such as a fire, tornado, threat of violence, or chemical hazard, or of significant other events such as a school closing, snow emergency, or power outage.
- The Bethel Alert system will send messages to students’ and employees’ Bethel email addresses and up to six phone numbers that they wish to provide. The Bethel Alert System can also send a text message to a user’s cell phone.
- Messages will be automatically sent to campus phone numbers for employees.
- Test messages will be sent approximately once a semester.
- An online FAQ is available to answer further questions at the web page listed above.
- Support questions can be directed to the ITS Help Desk at 651.638.6500 (800.255.8706, ext. 6500).
- Policy questions can be directed to the Office of Marketing and Communications at 651.638.6233 (800.255.8706, ext. 6233).